How To Nail Your Valentine’s Day Plans
Published on 6 February 2020
Left your Valentine’s Day plans to the last minute this year and can’t get a booking
ANYWHERE? Don’t worry, we’ve been there once (or twice) and know a thing or two about
creating a romantic evening at home…as if it’s been planned all along!
First things first, set the scene with a simple, yet elegant table setting with flowers and a
delicious smelling candle to create the ultimate romantic mood. Next, it’s important that
you nail the menu with a delicious and mouth watering feast.
You’ll want to prepare something that will impress your date, but nothing that is too filling,
leaving room for the all-important dessert. Our Atlantic Salmon and Nicoise Salad made on
our Smokeless Grill will not only knock their socks off but will make you look like a pro in the
Thanks to its open grate technology, the George Foreman Smokeless Grill creates a
smokeless experience by draining excess fat away from the heat. Not only will this make you
look like you know what you’re doing, but will also keep the heat in the kitchen to a
minimum, especially when February temperatures are already steaming.
- 2 x Atlantic Salmon fillets (approx.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 100g green beans, blanched and
cut in half
- 50g black olives, pitted and halved
- soft boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 4 baby potatoes, halved, boiled and cooled
- 4 anchovies, halved (optional)
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup continental parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Heat your George Foreman Smokeless Grill
- Spray the salmon fillets lightly with olive oil spray, place them on the grill
- Grill the salmon skin side down for 6-8 minutes, carefully take off the grill and rest on a plate for 2 minutes
- Meanwhile, place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, gently toss to combine
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter and flake the salmon over the top. Drizzle lemon juice over the salad and season with salt and pepper!
Not only will your meal will be ready within twenty minutes, clean-up will be a breeze with
the Smokeless Grills dishwasher safe plate and tray. Finally, finish off the night with
chocolate dipped strawberries for a romantic evening that you and your special date won’t